Thursday, March 13, 2014

Map....

From the description in class, I felt like this was a great way to look at our practice in a global context and see what points of interest everyone comes up with. I realize many people probably began by searching a topic of interest  combined with a country or region of interest, it seems a logical way to tackle it. For me, I noticed New Zealand was empty, and hey, I like restorative justice, and hey, they both go hand in hand! I searched for restorative justice initiatives and came up with a bunch of laws, which I didn't think fit this project.. Oh well... the Pacific was looking lonely so I checked out "community initiatives" in Hawaii... I found a program called Connecting for Success that uses grant money to provide support to at-risk middle school youth, and the programs successes will be replicated statewide. I then looked at the same search query for California and came up with a beach cleanup project by the California Coastal Commission. What happened next was frustrating. I found another project in Alaska, placed the map marker, typed up the description, and somehow when I clicked out of it it didn't save... That happened twice. I gave up for a few days. I came back to it and, staying with the theme of the Pacific, added a link to the City of Osaka's Assistance for Homelessness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.